Monday, November 8, 2010

Provided with a servant's heart

I picked up this book The Right Guy for the Right Girl which has reminded me that singleness is a state that is envied. I sometimes get distracted by wanting to get married & have kids. I need to make the most of the gift God has given me now, the gift of being single. I can go anywhere and do just about anything and would only have to care for myself.

I have a want to do ministry or go do missions somewhere. I just feeling so lost as to what exactly I can do and how I can serve. I know one way to worship is to give and part of that is giving money. I just don’t want to be limited to just giving money. David Platt wrote, in Radical, the words of a friend in Sudan who said “A real brother comes to you in your time of need.” I want to give my time. I want to give everything I can.

I know that part of this is finding a church that can be my family of faith and I am so very overjoyed that I have found a church. They are such a blessing and I praise God that He has brought me to them. God is working in this church.

25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!” 1 Corinthians 14:25

I know that I have been out of church for a long time, and I do need to be taught how to be a true disciple of Christ. And sometimes I feel like Simon Peter, I want to pick up the sword and start swinging, but I know that’s not the way. I just hope I don’t cut off too many ears on my way to being the man God has planned for me.

God is doing great things. I just want to be part of them; as a servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment