Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm still a hopeless romantic

I’ve been reading D.C. Talk’s Jesus Freaks lately. The stories are so inspirational for me. To see others who are willing to give their life to spread their savior’s words.

Richard Wurmbrand, a Romanian pastor & founder for voice of the martyrs, was faced with the dilemma when the communist party came into Romania. He could sit quietly and watch as they tried to suppress his savior. His wife, Sabina, said “Richard, stand up and wash away this shame from the face of Christ.”
He told her “If I speak, you will lose your husband.”
She told him, “I do not wish to have a coward for a husband.”

When I read this story I see a Godly woman who is so in love with Christ that she encouraged her husband to serving his savior. This woman faith in Christ enough that she knew what her husband should do.

I feel like this road is lonely sometimes. If I am meant to walk this road alone, I will do it joyfully. I will love every Church as family; count every Christian as a brother or sister, but I will pray that God will bring someone my direction.

Someone who I can praise God every day that I get to see them waking up next to me
Someone I can hold their hand as we grow old
Someone who I can see the love God has given them
Someone who can be my best friend
Someone I can take on dates, even if we're living in a jungle in South Africa
Someone who knows everything about me and wants to love me anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment