Monday, November 15, 2010

I love the intolerant.

So many people today claim tolerance; this seems to be the reoccurring theme in current world mentality. That everyone should be tolerant of everyone else’s religion. Live and let live. So everyone should be tolerant of everyone else’s beliefs. Everyone should be fully tolerant of everyone’s world view. That no one has the right to tell someone they’re wrong in their belief.

Tolerance is intolerant.

I’ve had so many “tolerant” people tell me that I’m intolerant. So tolerance is only tolerant of the tolerant, which makes them intolerant of the intolerant.

Tolerance is intolerant.

So I have been having this conversation over & over.

“Christians expect people to believe in their God and live their lifestyle, they should be more tolerant.”

Tolerance states that I can see my friend walking off a cliff, but that is their decision. I will let them walk off the cliff.

I’m all for Christians loving everyone, regardless who they are. That’s biblical.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:30-31

It doesn’t say “Love your neighbor as yourself unless they’re Muslim extremists.”
It doesn’t say “Love your neighbor as yourself unless they’re GLBT.”
It doesn’t say “Love your neighbor as yourself unless they’re religious.”
It doesn’t say “Love your neighbor as yourself unless they’re atheist.”
It doesn’t say “Love your neighbor as yourself unless they’re your enemy.”

Love states that I see anyone, my friend or my enemy; walking over a cliff that I should do everything I can to stop them. Even if that means laying down my life to show them the truth; if the only way to show them that they are going over a cliff is to jump off first, I would gladly do that.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
John 15:13

Tolerance means you'll be liked by everyone, popular. This is the easy to go.
Love means that you'll do things that people may not like. That you may become unpopular because you love someone enough to tell them the truth.

Who loves their children more, the father who lets their children do whatever they want, even if it leads to their own destruction or the father who will discipline his children to save them from themselves?

I would rather love everyone than be tolerant of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment