Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Would you give up your salvation?

I’ve been taking some time off from blogging to focus more on my reading, listening to sermons, & reading. I would suggest some books:
Humility by C. J. Mahaney
True Religion by Palmer Chinchen

I came across a very heavy passage in my time in Scripture.

I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit— that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh.
Romans 9:1-3

Go back and read it again & let it sink in. Paul, writer 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament, said he would be willing to be cut off from Christ (grace & salvation) to see the Israelites saved. Would you be willing to give up your salvation if it meant that one person would have grace shown to them?

Who would it be?
Would it be your brother or sister?
Maybe a son or daughter?
Your parents?
A close friend?
Would you do it for a total stranger?

Would you be willing to die? Would you be willing to spend your life living, so someone might know the hope, love & peace of the one, true, living God?
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13


This is what Christ did, as part of the Trinity, came into creation adding humanity to His divinity. He lived the perfect life as an example to us; teaching us to love God with all of our heart, mind, and body. Then we nailed Him to a cross. As he died of a heart attack, he cried out in a loud voice:

IT IS FINISHED!

Unjustly the Father poured our His wrath on the Son, so we could be justified. He did this so that Christ’s righteousness would be ours. He laid in a grave for 3 days, then rose up conquering death & the flesh. He died so that you might put your sin to death & live in Christ for all eternity.

Salvation doesn’t start when you die, and it doesn’t end when you die. It started when God knew you in eternity past & plays out into eternity future. He knows everything about you, everything you have done, everything you’re doing and everything you will do. It is an ongoing process.

And I am sure of this, that that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

Keep the faith, knowing that God has worked in you, is working in you and will continue to work in you, but don’t get a big head about this. Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), but be grateful & praise Him.

Go tell others, bring them hope, love, joy & peace.
Go show others, serve them, through trials & persecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment