Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Journey

Some people have been asking me recently “What is the World Race?”

One of my team mates captured it perfectly:
The World Race is an 11 month pilgrimage around the world. It`s a journey of abandonment, transformation, and learning how to give everything to God. 
(Thanks Jenny)

This is a journey that takes you around the world and back. Helping everyone from the orphaned children in Moldova and sex trafficked girls & boys in Cambodia to the families and villages rocked by Joseph Kory’s army of child solders aka the LRA.

This is a journey that will forever change lives, of those whom we are helping and those who are going. Venturing from places where talking about the Gospel is illegal to the largest slum in Africa.

Placing someone to the frontlines of loving others, giving all of yourself, and truly seeking God. To where there’s nothing left of you and the power that you continue on with is only the power of God.

This is what some people could view as “extreme” Christianity, but I’d say “Go big or go home”. There’s so many people that God is showing me that need help. Weather that’s drilling the village a well or being the arms an orphan runs to for a reminder that there are people in this cold, dark, fallen world that still love.

I can’t not go

As I jump off this cliff of life known to some as the American “Dream”; I leave everything behind myself, in faith that God will change me into the man He would have me be for His glory.

I ask for support, in prayer, in time, and fiscally. I can’t do this alone without a base of people who are willing to give & serve along side of me. If you have the means and call to go, the GO! God will do great things through you. If not then send others to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment