Monday, January 3, 2011

The least of these.

This is a poem that was written by a Moldavian orphan.

Our parents work hard abroad
And have for many years
We have to grow up without them
But this fills our eyes with tears
~~~~~~~~~~
Mother, who will care for me if you are away?
Our home will have no master, father, if you chose not to stay
~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my parents very much,
I am feeling so alone
I want no money or no clothes,
I want you to come home
~~~~~~~~~~
Mother, who will care for me if you are away?
Our home will have no master, father, if you chose not to stay
~~~~~~~~~~
Parents, can you hear us?
We need you to come home
Other people’s slaves were made
When you leave us on our own
~~~~~~~~~~
Mother, who will care for me if you are away?
Our home will have no master, father, if you chose not to stay

This breaks my heart. Where there are those who might not have the warmest coat or blankets for the long, harsh eastern European winter. Where there are those who might not have the best food available to fill their tiny stomachs. Where there are those who might not have the best facilities to house these orphans. The one thing that they want, the one thing that they crave… is love.

I can’t stand by doing nothing while even one of these kids shiver through the night.
I can’t put on my jacket to keep warm without thinking about the little ones who cannot do the same.
I can’t eat one meal without thinking about one of these children who maybe going without.
I can’t look at the place I live, with climate control to keep the cold out, without knowing there are those who cannot enjoy the same.

I can’t live one moment of my life knowing there are those out there who have not been loved. God has shown me love in abundance. I want to take this love to those without.

If you have been moved at all, if your heart breaks, if you cannot stop crying at this thought then do something about it.

Go bring love to these children.
If you cannot go, send others who can.
So that you may know you are helping.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

Matthew 25:40
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ - Jesus


If you can't go help send me:
https://www.adventures.org/give/donate.asp?giveto=worldrace&desc=For%20Nic%20Wolfe&tuid=5500301

No comments:

Post a Comment